We had such a wonderful Sunday. Church was great and we got there on time, even early! Booyaw. We then went to dinner at our friends Shanna and Adam's house and had delicious food and good conversation. Lolo saw her first kitty cat and Shanna took beautiful pictures with her new camera which I am so jealous of! We had a fun fun day. Ster and I finished off our night with some chocolate cupcakes and lots of pillow talk. I love my husband.
As we were talking I was complaining to him about how I don't have a car during the day, cause he takes it to work, and I was comparing our life to the lifestyles of family and the people in our ward etc. All I'm going to say is that he helped me put things into perspective. "Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven." My husband always has words of wisdom and comfort at the ready when I'm feeling depressed. All I have to do is think about what our lives will be like when we're out of this "temporary, transitory" period in our lives. We will be leaps and bounds ahead of our peers when it comes to debt and life experience. My husband is perfect for me.
Now I'm going to brag about him a lil'. Last winter he did some freelance/volunteer work for a start up company called Get Found First. He initially went in for an interview but they didn't hire him and he asked them if he could do a sort of free internship to just learn about what they do and how they run since Internet Marketing/ Web Business is what he want's to go into for a career and it would be a good experience. He worked for them for a few months and built some really wonderful relationships with the owner and employees. Well, every successful new company grows, and a few weeks ago they asked him to come back and work for them, and get paid for doing it! He is now the manager of several companies' online advertising accounts. He gets to do SEM (search engine marketing) work and lot's of other cool things that I know nothing about... BUT, another HUGE thing is that he is now Google Ad Words Certified! If you want to know what that is, check it out here, or here. It's a really really big deal and the tests cost a lot of money and are really really hard. But he did it! And I am so so very proud of my Honey Bee!!!!! He is my sunshine and my strength. I have such a wonderful life! But basically what this means is that when he graduates from college he is going to be a pretty hot commodity since he will have had previous experience in his field and he is Google Ad Words Certified. I am so proud of my hubby! Even though we are sacrificing so much right now, I know that it will all pay off! I feel like I never get to see my husband, since he's gone from 9am-1:15pm at Get Found First, then gone again from 4:45-11pm working his tush off a Wlamart, but I know that all the time he's putting in right now, is just time that we get to spend together later when he's making $1,000,000/hr and only has to work 1 hr a year. Juuusssst Kidding. But that would be cool, yeah?
I LOVE MY LIFE!
PS When Ster is making $1,000,000/hr, I am going to buy all my clothing from here and here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
LOL Arielle you are so cute haha. and it is so true, those trying times (or what may seem trying at the moment) will build a very strong base for your marriage and will make you appreciate the better times when you have them. And by saving now, trust me you'll have much better times ahead. Debt is so ordinary these days, nobody cares about going into debt because they want a fancier car or a bigger house or better 'stuff' but if you can live without debt you'll be sooooo much farther ahead than you can imagine! and truthfully those people who 'seem' like they have it all at such a young age, you can't imagine the stress that debt brings to their lives, you have it wonderful right now with a husband who loves you and is working so hard for your family and a baby who loves you no matter if you walk to the post office or drive, she loves you even if you don't have make up on or hair done, and so does your husband, and those things have such a high value even a million/an hour couldn't buy it. I'm so glad to hear how well you're doing :)
ReplyDelete